Private companies sell to Medicare supplemental insurance plan. It can help pay for some of the health care costs that Original Medicare does not cover, such as co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles. Some policies also offer coverage for services that Original Medicare does not cover, such as medical care when you travel outside the US. A Medigap policy is different from a Medicare Advantage plan. Advantage plans are ways to Myaarpmedicare Rewards get Medicare benefits, while at Medigap policy complements your Original Medicare benefits.

 

If you have Original Medicare and buy a Medigap policy, Medicare will pay your share of the Medicare-approved amount for your covered health care costs.

 

Then your Medigap policy pays its share.

 

 https://about.me/aaarpunitedhealthcare

 

WHAT ARE THE MEDIGAP PLANS?

A Medigap plan and a Medicare supplement are one in it. They are two names for the same thing. Then, when you see the words “Medicare supplement, it’s interchangeable with the word” Medigap. “These plans are also called” Medicare supplemental insurance. “

Advertisement

 

 

 

TABLE OF COMPARISON OF MEDICARE SUPPLEMENT PLANS

There are 10 standardized Medicare supplement plans available in most states. In Massachusetts, Minnesota and Wisconsin, Medigap policies are standardized in a different way. The names of the plans are letters of the alphabet, plans A, B, C, D, F, G, K, L, M and N.

Advertisement

 

The table below will compare Medicare supplement plans by showing basic information about the different benefits covered by Medigap policies. If a checkmark appears, the plan covers the benefit described 100%. If a percentage appears, the plan covers that percentage of the benefit.

Advertisement

 

Comparative chart of Medicare supplemental plans

 

 

 

COMPARISON COMPARISON BENEFIT EXPLANATION

Medicare part A coinsurance and hospital costs: For most stays in the hospital, Medicare pays for the first 60 days, except for a deductible, all less $ 329 per day from day 61 through day 90, all less $ 658 per day from 91 to 151 day (one time), and nothing after 151. All plans pay these co-payments, as well as 100% of the additional 365 days.

Advertisement

Co-insurance or copayment for Medicare Part B: in general, Medicare pays 80% of these costs. All plans pay part or all of the remaining 20% ​​as indicated in the comparison chart.

Blood, First three pints: All plans pay for some or all of the first three pints as indicated in the Comparison Table. Medicare pays 100% of the additional blood needed.

Advertisement

Co-insurance or co-insurance for Part A hospice care: All plans pay part or all of the Medicare co-payment or coinsurance as indicated in the Comparison Chart. Medicare pays all remaining approved hospice costs.